FIXED: CamSchnappr on 099 Macos

Since 2 days, I try to use Camschnappr on Macos with 099, I have 9 point perfectly aligned with my model but nothing change… Value are still at 0.0, nothing changes.
There is anybody who had success using it on this platform?
Thank you in advance,
Jacques Hoepffner

Hey Jacques,
CamSchappr currently does not work on macOS, support will be added in the near future though.

Hey Malcolm,
Thank you for the answer. I spend 4 hours yesterday trying all the possibilities…
I hope it will come soon, I am in the process to go from Isadora to Touch Designer, MacOs is my main Os and CamSchnappr is my main reason to change, getting tired of the Isadora/Unity 3D system.
Happy new year
All the best,
Jacques

Hello, I am coming back.
I reinstalled BootCamp, installed the last build 62070 of 088 to try and evaluate camSchnapper.
— I have a problem in the camschnapper view, there is no numbering of the chooses point, but I can work with numbering it on paper
— Now I can have the projection of the structure resolved but I dont know how to transfer to the real camera the calibration writes in “exports” and “matrix” DAT. If I copy one by one the settings from “exports” and put the “matrix” DAT in “Proj Matrix/CHOP/DAT” (with “Custom Projection Matrix” in View/Projection), the projection of the structure is not resolved to the real object, not far away but not on it.
I search for a real Instruction Manual, because the wiki page is not very explicit and the Toronto Workshop is made with older version of camSchnapper.
Thank you for your help. I want to replace a system I made with Isadora an Unity to follow with a projection a rectangle rotated by a performer. It worked well but the setting was difficult, based on real mesures and I search a solution to do it in one unique software.
Thank you for your help.
Jacques

Hello Jacques,

Do the numbers not show up on the camSchnappr edit window and the output screen? What is your Hardware that you are running TouchDesigner on? Especially I would be interested in the videocard…

You can use the camSchnappr Camera Component as your real camera, no need to copy any of the values into your own camera. If you must use your own camera COMP, copy the exports and matrix DAT into your camera COMP and if the export doesn’t take effect, toggle the green export flag on the exports DAT ones.

Apologies for not having updated the Wiki in a while, I will have to get to this very soon.

For your particular application, how do you receive the transform of the Rectangle you are projecting onto?

Cheers
Markus

Hello Markus,

The numbers show up in output screen, not in edit window (on 088), in 099 on Mac, the numbers show in both but the resolution doesn’t work.
I use 088 on Windows 8.1, inside BootCamp. Retina 13" mi-2014, i5 2.6 Ghz, GPU Intel Iris 1536 Mo
I use 099 on MacOs 10.11.6, i7 2.6 Ghz, GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1024 Mo

I receive it visually, following the movement with a slider on a Korg NanoControl transmitted via midi to Unity.
The video is sent from Isadora to Unity texture via Syphon and the camera image is sent back to Isadora via Syphon for mix.

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Can you try this with the latest OSX version we posted a short while ago?
If the issue is still the same, can you share the project file - I can’t replicate the resolution issue here.

Best
Markus

Hi Markus,
I downloaded the last versions, 099 on mac, 088 on windows bootcamp.
I will try it when I am in my studio, next week.
Best, jacques

I tried the last builds. No change, CamSchnappr still not working on MacOs with 099 and still no numbers with 088 on windows…

Hi Jacques,

we have discovered a problem with openCV in camSchnappr for TouchDesigner099 which we will try to resolve as soon as possible.

For 088 on your 13" Mac I have to assume that this is due to the intel iris - is it possible for you to update the drivers for this chipset?

Best
Markus

Hi Markus,
Thank you for the answer. For 099, I will wait. For 088, I just updated for the last driver for iris but I still have no number, see screen capture.
Best,
Jacques

Hello,
CamSchnapper works now on the new 099 build for mac 2017.1360
I cannot say for the new 099 build for windows, it crash… (see another post)
for the 088 build, there is still no number in camSchnapper window.

I am not able to transfer (or I don’t know how) the CamSchnapper info to my regular camera. Using the CamSchnapper camera, even if I hide the Guides, I still have a red cross inside the window(099 build for mac 2017.1360). There is a way to hide it or it is a bug?

Thank you

Hi Jaques,

the release we published yesterday fixes the openCV bug I mentioned before.
After completing the calibration sequence, you can close camSchnappr and use it as a normal camera for your rendered scene:

Set up a scene with a Geo COMP and your geometry, a Render TOP and reference camSchnappr as the camera in the render TOP. Then use a Window COMP to output the rendered image on your projector.

Best
Markus

thank a lot, it works…

Happy we got it figured out!