TOUCHDESIGNER EDUCATION RESOURCES
Title: TOUCHDESIGNER WORKSHOP DAY FOR NIGHT
Instructor: Markus Heckmann
Dates: December 15, 2017 10:00am - 2:00pm
Location: Moody Center for the Arts at Rice University | 6100 Main Street, MS-480 | Room 103
Program: TouchDesigner is a visual development platform for making interactive 3D art, multi-screen experiences, museum exhibits, data visualizations, architectural projections, live visual performances, and more. For everyone who wants to get a fast track start on working with TouchDesigner, this workshop will provide a good basis to gain an initial understanding on workflow, concepts, and techniques while equipping attendees with the knowledge to start creating interactive/generative setups.
Title: TOUCHDESIGNER FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
Instructor: Andrew Quinn
Dates: December 16, 17, 2017 (7hrs/day)
Location:otolab c / o recipient.cc , via Villapizzone 10, Milan
Cost: 307 Euro
• TouchDesigner, interface overview
• sound reactivity project - audio spectrum vs. raw audio
• audio signal analysis - peaks - smoothing - use of leap devices
• types of operators, audio input, perform mode
• design the user interface and output to the projector
Case study: Using the motion controller leap to animate digital puppets" Leap motion puppet" https://vimeo.com/204862470
• 3d introduction
• animation with audio-camera
• light COMP-render TOP transforming geometry
• lighting, material usage, animation, reactive audio lights
• audio reactive face animation - photoshop in
• noisy audio sphere
• import geometry
• webcam effects - time warp - displace
• post fx: feedback - threshold
• base COMP- custom parameters
• emit particles from a sphere-particle SOP
• connection to MIDI controllers
• TouchDesigner for live performance
• audio reactive
• Leap Motion
• outptut to LED via dmx - artnet controller.
• MIDI controllers - keyboard
Title: INTRO TO GENERATIVE VISUALS - TOUCHDESIGNER
Instructor: Quentin Bleton and Guillaume Bourassa
Dates: January 08 - February 26, 2018 (24 hours in total)
Location: SAT, Montreal
Experience Level: Beginner
Focus:This in-depth training of 24 hours in eight parts, introduces participants to basic concepts of interactive visual creation with TouchDesigner. This Canadian software is recognized worldwide as a reference tool for interactive visual high-level productions. The overall objective is to train artists and industry professionals to create generative and interactive visuals that he can incorporate it into their practice.
Participants will learn about the software interface, discover the tool families, how to use video, images and 3D geometry, mathematics and will be introduced to the integration of interactive control interfaces, all by performing exercises and small projects
Objectives and Course Content:
- Learn to use interface
- Know the tools families
- Use video, images and 3D geometry
- Use mathematics
- Learn to integrate interactive control interfaces like Kinect (camera), the Leap Motion (hand movement) or other types of controllers
- Optimize the use to use the software to its full potential
- Use OSC, MIDI or ArtNet to connect to other external control software and interfaces
- Perform exercises and small projects
- Train artists and industry professionals to create generative and interactive visuals that he can incorporate it into their practice
More info and registation: here.
Title: TOUCHDESIGNER 101 - AN INTRODUCTION
Instructor: Ben Voigt and Markus Heckmann
Dates: January 20 & 21, 2018 10:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Derivative HQ 401 richmond Street West, Suite 386, Toronto, ON, M5V 3A8
Cost: $300 + 13% HST (See at link for 50% Educational pricing)
Program: (subject to change)
- Introduction to UI and basic work concepts
- Familiarization with different operator families
- Generative and instancing techniques
- Introduction to Python and usage cases
- Examples to explore practical applications
- UI building
- Performance strategies
Title: TOUCHDESIGNER SUMMIT BERLIN 2018
Instructor: Multiple / TBA
Dates: February 3rd, 4th, 2018
Location: TBA but in Berlin
We are very pleased to announce that we are currently planning our second TouchDesigner Summit in Berlin! This will again take place around the time of Transmediale on Saturday and Sunday, February 3rd and 4th, 2018.
The two days will be filled with workshops, talks and presentations plus enough time to meet and greet. For this we are opening a call for proposals for workshops, talks and presentations.
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS, MASTERCLASSES, TALKS & PRESENTATIONS
Proposed workshops should have a duration of 4 hours. The submission should include a good description and short outline of the topics that will be covered and the level of experience with TouchDesigner that is required. Please also specify the number of people that would ideally participate in your workshop.
For talks and presentations we propose 2 formats:
- A longer format of 40 minute talks where a topic can be explained in detail. We ask that these be designed as "knowledge-sharing" vs. "portfolio-viewing" presentations whether they are of a technical or artistic nature.
- We are also looking for people to present on a topic for a maximum duration of 15 minutes. These shorter talks are meant to be an opportunity to introduce yourself and your work to the community.
Masterclasses will be 2 hours in length and will be in the form of a lecture or talk. As per the above we only stipulate that these are approached with knowledge sharing in mind.
Submissions must include a short abstract of your proposed talk. You can also add supporting material via links or file uploads.
Title: TOUCHDESIGNER WORKSHOP MELBOURNE
Instructor: Andrew Quinn
Dates: February 8th -9th, 2018 - beginners level - 10am-6pm | February 10th, 2018 - intermediate level - 10am-6pm
Location: Victorian College of the Arts (VCA, 234 St Kilda Rd, Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Experience: Beginner and Intermediate
Cost: Student Discount
3D/2D sound-reactive visuals for performance and interactive installations. Kinect, Leap Motion, VR (Vive), Ableton Live and TouchDesigner. Laptop required with software installed.
Registration and Facebook Page