The Splice CHOP inserts CHOP channels connected to the second input into the channels of the first input. You can specify the start sample and length of where to remove samples.
Then the inserted data from the second input can be stretched in various ways, then spliced into the trimmed point in the channels.
You can match by channel number or channel name. Un-matched channels will have the samples in their gaps interpolate in one of three selectable ways.
To extract a sample from a CHOP, modify it and replace it at its original index, connect a Splice CHOP to the original, set Start and Trim Length where you want, turn on Output Trimmed Section, modify the result, then send that as second input to another Splice CHOP with first input from the the original CHOP, and with Start set to
op('splice1').par.start and Trim Length set to
The Splice CHOP can also smooth a section of a CHOP: Set the Start and Trim Length to that section. Give it a second input with no matching channels. Set Insert Method to Set to Trim Length, and adjust the Insert Interpolate menu.
Check OP Snippets for these and other tricks.
Parameters - Splice Page
Output Trimmed Section
outputtrimmed - When Off the output is the spliced and trimmed channels based and on the parameters below. When On the output is the opposite and contains the trimmed out portion of the channels.
direction - Specify which direction the Start and Trim parameters below work.
- First to Last - Start and Trim are specified in units from the beginning going towards the end of the channel.
- Last to First - Start and Trim are specified in units from the end going towards the beginning of the channel.
start - The position the Trim and Insert operations start from. This will be from the first sample or the last sample in the channel depending on the Direction parameter above.
trimmethod - Gives options for how to set the trim length
- Use Trim Length - Uses the Trim Length parameter below to determine how much to trim.
- Trim to Insert Input Length - The length of the 2nd input is how much will be trimmed.
trimlength - The how long the trimmed region is. To output just the trimmed region, switch Output Trimmed Section to On.
insertmethod - Handles how the 2nd input is spliced into the channel.
- None - Nothing is insert into the channel.
- Input Length - The 2nd input is spliced in maintaining its full length. If Trim parameter = 0, then the total length of the output will be the length of both inputs combined.
- Stretch to Trim Length - The 2nd input is stretched to fill the trimmed section. Since the inserted section is the same length as the trimmed section, the total length of the output will remain the same as the 1st input.
- Trim to Insert Length - Enables the Insert Length parameter to set the length of the inserted data. See Insert Length below.
- Stretch to Insert Length - Enables the Insert Length parameter to set the length of the inserted data and will stretch it to fit.
insertlength - Used to set the length of the inserted data based on the Insert Method above. When set to Trim to Insert Length, the inserted data will be trimmed when this parameter value is shorter than the 2nd input and cycled when it is longer. When set to Stretch to Insert Length, the inserted data is stretched to fit this parameter value.
insertinterp - Choose interpolation method for stretched insert channel.
match - Match channels between inputs by name or number.
Unmatched Chan Interpolate
unmatchedinterp - Choose interpolation method for any channels that are unmatched using "Match Channels".