From TouchDesigner 088 Wiki
Read a summary of what's new with Derivative and TouchDesigner.
- DOWNLOAD 088
- TUIO In DAT - New DAT captures TUIO events from other devices or software on the network.
- Video Stream Out TOP delivers H.264 streaming with audio
- Kinect CHOP now has face tracking channels along with the point cloud data in the Kinect TOP
- Here are a number of Getting Started Tips to help you install TouchDesigner 088 and get it keyed and running.
- For a quick primer, watch the three videos in First Things to Know about TouchDesigner.
- Move on to Videos and Tutorials available below.
- Tutorials - TouchDesigner video tutorials can be found here. We recommend starting in the An Introduction to TouchDesigner section.
- Workshop Videos - A series of workshop video recordings. We recommend starting with the Toronto TouchDesigner Workshops.
- Grady Sain's TouchDesigner Tutorials - A resource for technical artists that investigates a number of operators via videos with detailed transcriptions.
- Matthew Ragan's TouchDesigner Tutorials - A fabulous practical look at using TouchDesigner.
- TouchDesigner Tips - A collection of short how-to tutorials showing you how to accomplish certain tasks.
- Jarrett Smith's 3D Techniques Tutorial - Workflows for 3D rendering and compositing.
- Browse the Wiki Categories. Also explore the navigation bar on the left using the links or search field.
- Operator Help pages - All the node types of TouchDesigner.
- Introduction to Python - An introduction to Python scripting in TouchDesigner. Python Reference is also available for a full list of python classes.
- Search documentation using the wiki advanced search page.
- Offline Help - Access the wiki when you are not connected to the internet by pre-downloading the offline documentation package.
- General forums - What the TouchDesigner community is talking about.
- Gallery forum - What people have created with TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - A collection of helpful community contributed components.
Sample Components, Tools and Examples
- Palette Browser - The Palette in TouchDesigner is found in the menu Dialogs -> Palette Library, or the left-hand pane of the default TouchDesigner.
- OP Snippets - hundreds of examples found via the Help -> Operator Snippets menu
- .tox Component forum - Click the .tox links and see what they do.