Key Manager Dialog
The Key Manager lets you create, install, and disable keys for TouchDesigner. When TouchDesigner does not find a valid key on startup, the Key Manager dialog will automatically open.
When already running TouchDesigner, the Key Manager can be opened from the Dialogs menu or using the <alt+k> shortcut.
Creating a Key
This section describes creating and installing a key for TouchDesigner if your computer is connected to the internet. If you do not have an internet connection on the computer, see the Offline section below.
- Select the Create option along the top of the Key Manager Dialog.
- Sign In using your Derivative username and password. Click the Sign In button.
- In the following dialog, it will prompt you to select the type of key to create. The number displayed beside each type indicates how many licenses are available on this account. Select the type of key you wish to create and click the Create Key button.
The key will be created and installed and you're ready to go!.
Creating a Key - Offline
This section describes creating and installing a key if the computer can not be connected to the internet.
In the case that the TouchDesigner computer can not connect to the internet, keys can be created for it on another connected device.
1. Select the Info section of the Key Manager Dialog. Take note of the Machine Name and the System Code on the computer you need to make a key for.
2. Go to www.derivative.ca and login using your Derivative username and password. Go to the [KEYS] tab.
3. Locate the license you would like to use to create a new key with. The license must not be in use on another computer (See "Disabling a Key" if the license is in use).
4. Click the Create Key button found on the license.
5. In the popup dialog, enter your computer's information. Click the Create Key button and the key will be created.
6. Copy and paste the key into the Install section of the Key Manager Dialog. Click the Install Key button and you're ready to go!
Disabling a Key
The computer must be connected to the internet to disable a key. This connection is required so the key can be disabled in your Derivative account which allows you to create a new key for another computer.
- Select the Disable option along the top of the Key Manager Dialog.
- The list below shows the currently valid keys. Select the key you want to disable by clicking on it.
- Click the Disable Key button. If the key was successfully disabled in your account (on the Derivative servers) and locally it will be removed from the list and is now ready to use on another computer.
Viewing System Information
You can inspect the information about your computer under the Info section of the dialog. Use the copy buttons beside the Machine Name or System Code to copy them to the clipboard and paste elsewhere if needed.
- Machine Name - the computer name of the computer. This is set in the Windows Control Panel > System dialog.
- System Code - a unique code used by Derivative to create keys for this computer.
- Installed Key - shows the highest level of TouchDesigner key installed on this computer.
Help - Troubleshooting
The Help section of the dialog has answers to number of frequently asked questions.
For any other licensing questions or issues, please contact us at email@example.com.