The Hold CHOP waits for a 0 to 1 step on its second input, at which time it reads the current values from the first input (one value per channel). It holds the values constant until it receives another 0 to 1 step. The second input controls the sampling. When the second input changes from 0 to 1, the first input is sampled. This value is held in the output until the second input changes from 0 to 1 again. Hold does not sample while the second input is 1, nor on the falling edge (1 to 0).
A common application for this CHOP is to grab the current value of a channel when an event occurs, so that value can be used until the event occurs again.
Sample - Defines when to sample the input channels. The parameters are as follows.
- Off to On - Sample incoming channel when the trigger channel goes from 0 to above 0.
- While On - Sample incoming channel while the trigger channel is above 0.
- On to Off - Sample incoming channel when the trigger channel goes above 0 to 0.
- While Off - Sample incoming channel while the trigger channel is 0.
- On Value Change - Sample incoming channel whenever the trigger channel changes.
Standard Options and Local Variables