webcams

I am like to have multiple cheapo webcams to use for input.
Has anyone tested any brand with multiple units attached to the same system
And, are webcams in general supported by touch, is there a standard I need to look for
if not, are multiple firewire video streams supported?
MD

Multiple video inputs are supported. We’ve tested with quite a few different setups, you can mix-and-match firewire and USB without issue also
We support most webcams and firewire DV streams. The ‘standard’ to look for is a WDM compilant driver, but you won’t always be able to get info on that.
The easiest test is plug one in and see, it’s been a while since we’ve found a cam or firewire card that doesn’t work.

well, you can chalk up a kinamax nv-13 webcam as one that does not work, in general I mean, not even with windows.
Will I be safe with a logitech? Can anyone provide me with a model of a webcam still in production that is known to work so I don’t have to deal with RMA’s
MD

Hi Mattd,

I seem to remember the unibrain fire-i worked fine with touch17.

[url]http://www.unibrain.com/Products/VisionImg/Fire_i_DC.htm[/url]

I have one at work I can check in the next couple of days.

The nice thing about this camera is that it has good performance for the price, and each unit has two 6pin firewire ports so you can daisy chain them. they also have power sockets for when you have a stupid 4 pin socket on the laptop.

rod.