Preference Window Doesn't Respond When dragged to second Mon

Windows 10, TD 2019.15840

When I drag the Preference dialog into my secondary monitor, the tabs at top will stop responding. I won’t be able to click on them. Also, the window becomes un-draggable.

However, once I move my mouse down and run it over any of the drop down menus, the dialog is ok again.

Not a super urgent bug, but just thought I should let u know. :smiley:

Could you tell us the GPU and monitor configuration? Are you on workstation or laptop?

Thanks

I am running on a 17 inch MSI laptop with a gtx 980(desktop version). I am outputting to my 2nd monitor via the HDMI port. Both of my laptop screen and 2nd monitor are running at 4k. The 2nd monitor is a 27 inch LG 4k monitor. Can’t remember the model number exactly.

Thank you

MSI have been known to ship with a lot of bloatware that does cause problems from time to time.

Namely the ‘Nahimic driver’ has caused unresponsiveness or worse crashing. Could you try uninstalling any bloatware that isn’t crucial?

Discussion here:
[url=https://forum.derivative.ca/t/resolved-textport-on-second-monitor-crashes-on-open/11168/6]

You can also search for “MSI Bloatware” to get some more discussion on this topic.
If it doesn’t help, let us know.

Hi Ben,

I didn’t know that driver was a bloatware. It’s uninstalled now, and it has had no effect. But I am glad that the bloatware is gone :smiley:

I did notice another thing with the preference dialogue when dragged to the second screen, the drop down arrows disappear off the window, ONCE when I mouse over them and it comes back to life. Please see attached screen shots. Maybe that will give some clue as to where the problem is?

Thank you.

Could you tell us the “Display scaling” settings of both monitors. And as a litmus test, could you make them both 100% and let us know if the problem goes away. My hunch is that display sclaing is messing with panel coordinates.

Hi Ben,

You are right. If I run both monitors at 100% scaling, everything is ok.

However, that’s not a realistic use case. My primary monitor is a 17 inch, my 2nd monitor is a 27 inch, both running at 4k 60hz. And both running at different scaling is expected.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any other info from me.

Thank you.

I understand its no a realistic use case, but we hopefully now can reproduce your issue and get to the bottom of it. Thanks for checking.

Sounds good! Please let me know if I can help any further with the debugging.

Thank you!

Hi Mouren,
We still can not produce this on a number of Windows machines. Can you try the latest 2019.17550 build and let us know if it is still happening for you?

Can you update your Nvidia drivers just in case?