Official RFE responses

I think it would be nice if there was some known about threshold/metric that would get an official response/rationale about a particular RFE. I’m aware there are many RFE’s out there, many of which are pretty niche, but there are also a decent number that get a lot of views and comments from community members but never see any sort of official response or even recognition. I think this ends up demoralizing people from providing any further feedback or making more RFEs.

I don’t think this system should mean that if X RFE gets Y views then it must be added to TD, but just some kind of response saying “oh ya, we here you, we’ll add it to our mid-long term goals” or “no we’re not adding that because of ABCD”.

Here’s some examples where I would expect to at least see an official word or rationale posted about from Derivative that have gone silent:

Build to .exe // no client-side license - 18 comments - 1560 views:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19222

project file format more suitable for source control - 7 comments - 3002 views
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5182

Video codec info - 6 comments - 1040 views
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12647

version switcher - 9 comments - 1606 views
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13747

+1

+1 this and/or some sort of feature roadmap tracker in the style of unity or unreal:

unity3d.com/unity/roadmap
trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

+1 roadmap give spark in my eyes

+1 for me

+ditto

I’m a big fan of companies using uservoice.com for RFE kinda stuff. it can do everything elburz describes. allows super easy voting, where you can only upvote a limited number of ideas, but move those votes around if you see a better / more important idea or when the idea gets implemented. and responses from developers such as yes, no, can’t implement because etc…

+1

I’d actually appreciate a negative response (WONTDO) to some of the RFE’s submitted so we’re not left hanging with misguided expectations. Some negative responses to RFEs can be worked around with elbow grease, yet some will actually make me pick a different piece of software to solve the requirement.

This very topic is a good example of the issue at hand, ironic.

+1 for irony