Point Grey cameras

Hello all
Before I get too deep with these cameras, does anyone know if these camera’s DirectShow driver works out of the box with Touch, or will I need to interface to the SDK myself via a CUDA TOP.
Thanks,
MD

I can report that the point grey firefly MV camera works great, but you need to make sure you are using the point grey camera drivers
MD

Is that using point grey’s directshow driver?

I tried to get a chameleon set up with touch but newev managed to get it right.

If you want to access all the other cool features of the camera, cuda might be one approach but maybe using shared memory (FTE commercial or Pro only) would be better. I use that for my augmented reality stuff.

rod.

do you get the high frame rates i.e. 60fps + with the standard point grey drivers in touch?

I think that, unless derivative have coded-in specific support for the point grey drivers, you would only get whatever pointgrey’s direct-show driver would support.

which reminds me I have an old faulty firefly2 that I should try and get working again. :slight_smile:

There is some native support for the Imaging Source series of cameras. It would be cool if touch also supported the point grey ones, being Canadian products and potentially great pixel-pumps to feed into Touch. :slight_smile:

rod.