GPU Direct on Blackmagic DeckLink

I would like to use GPU Direct to input/output 4K 6G/12G video signal.
I know TD has supported it on AJA so far, but AJA video products hasn’t these interfaces.

So I would like you to support GPU Direct on Blackmagic DeckLink. It has supported GPU Direct on NVIDIA Quadro series and 4K 6G/12G interfaces.

thank you, :smiley:

Support for GPU Direct for Blackmagic is added in the 2018.40000 series of builds. We hope to release an experimental of those soon.

WOW, That sounds good!
I’m looking forward to release the experimental build.

Thanks a lot. :smiley:

I can’t wait! We would love to help test. We are running the blackmagic Quad 2 cards. Sdi input is great but output delay is noticeable beyond what we had hoped. When we use the blackmagic software there is no delay in or out. I know touch is processing and building the frames and that has overhead but even when I go straight from a sdi in to sdi out with no comp or any modification it is slower I think it could be. We do live events with camera feeds in event spaces so we can delay the sound to match but we can only delay so much before it causes a problem for the person speaking hearing their delayed voice. I am glad to hear progress is being made on that soon! Thanks for continuing to develop some of the best damn software around!

Great news Malcolm! Will save your users some cash.

I can confirm tht GPUdirect shaves off a frame on input, also seems to make VidinTOP–>VidoutTOP quicker with no perceptible difference where it was up to a frame before. Doesn’t appear to be any speed-up for sending out the VidoutTOP.
Decklink Duo 1
P5000

We are not noticing any improvement on the videoTopOut. We are using Quadro P4000 with the Blackmagic Quad 2 cards. We do live camera compositing for live shows and delays are very noticeable, clients notice. If we can’t get the blackmagic cards working what would be a replacement recommendation?

Amazing robot, I’d be highly doubtful you’ll get much better than the 2-3 frames we currently have. If it definitely can’t be composited with a real fpga based switcher like barco em, then you’re going to have to look elsewhere in your system, like led processors etc. It’s kind of where the rubber meets the road in terms of clients, if it’s important to them perhaps they can pay for alternative ways to do it?

update, so I played around with different output settings for VideoOut Top with blackmagic and for some reason 1080p @60 hz works with the expected/acceptable 2-3 frame delay. But 1080p at 29.97 or 30 all have much longer delays (.25-.33 secs) When testing outside of touch using the blackmagic capture and playback software there is minimal delay. Something is up with the refresh rate you choose from touch.

I think for Blackmagic cards the latency is frame-based, not time based. Their latency will be 2/3 frames regardless of the data framerate. Afaik the more professional&higher priced cards such as Datapath and Bluefish444 usually have a lower latency. Also not directly related, but from my personal experience Blackmagic cards always give me some setup trouble to get the driver settings right - where the latter brands always work immediately - my2 cts.