Screen Grab TOP

I am just meddling with this TOP.
it doesn’t seem to capture the “perform” screen …
is that correct ? captures the network screen perfectly. But I want to cache an image of what is running before I slap another layer on top of it. (and dump the original network from memory).

Thoughts ?

Thanks !

M

It should be able to grab anything on the desktop. However it is a very slow operation, so ideally you’d just grab your final TOP, or use an OpViewer TOP on a panel if you want to grab something that been laid-out with control panels, to get your output back into TOPs to do further processing. Also, moving this topic to the general forums.

hi again

when you say “very slow” … how slow do you mean ?

I think that the op view is an interesting idea. But it won’t be a freeze of that scene, will it ?? which is what I really need …

Thanks again

M

Try it and see but it’s often 10s of milliseconds. Its entirely dependent on the resolution you are grabbing. You can use a Cache TOP to store the result of the OpViewer TOP. I think we’ll add an Active parameter onto Opviewer TOP, seems like a good idea to be able to easily pause it.

I just tried something. Its def NOT capturing the perform view.
(popped up the params dialog for the TOP and waggled the active button for 2 secs)

resolution is very high
and I am allowing it 2 seconds !

M