WIKI
FORUM
STORE

PixelPusher

General discussion about anything TouchDesigner

PixelPusher

Postby volvoxlabs » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello,
Has anyone worked with the PixelPusher board and the ArtNetbridge.jar file they provided ?
I'm able to connect to it but there seems to be problems with the artnet universe.
Thanks!
volvoxlabs

Re: PixelPusher

Postby elburz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:32 pm

What kind of issue are you having? Connection but no data?

Maybe see if it is related to this:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4789&p=17424&hilit=artnet#p17424
--
Elburz Sorkhabi
Creative + Technology
nVoid Art-Tech Limited
http://nvoid.com
elburz

Postby volvoxlabs » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot elburz!
It seems that with each additional strip I'm attaching to PixelPusher it thinks that it is a continuation of the previous one. Basically the pixels are under same universe or the new universe does not map correctly to the strip attached. When I open their examples in processing it works fine.
volvoxlabs

Postby elburz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey,

I dont know much about the board specifically, since I dont have one, but I checked their forums and found these two posts that might help.

Are you on PixelPusher firmware 1.1? Are you using multiple art-net listening software on the same machine? This thread makes me think that you assign universes to your controllers and not your strips, I could be wrong though. Some info on this thread about art-net:
http://forum.heroicrobotics.com/thread/39

Also seems like there was an update to the PixelPusher Art-Net Bridge that happened earlier this week, download link is in the last post of this thread:
http://forum.heroicrobotics.com/thread/ ... on-library

You should be able to tell the universe mappings by running the java art-net bridge (instructions in the link above, last post). Is the processing sketch shooting to specific universes for each strip, or to the universes assigned by PixelPusher device?
--
Elburz Sorkhabi
Creative + Technology
nVoid Art-Tech Limited
elburz

Postby volvoxlabs » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes, I've updated the board and am running the latest firmware. Yes you're right, each board has its own specified universe read from a usb stick. The processing sketch is sending to the specific universe assigned to the board so in my case its all on the 1st universe. It might be the way I'm outputting data from Touch. Have you ever sent artnet through the dmx chop ?
volvoxlabs

Postby elburz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:25 pm

I haven't used ArtNet from the DMX CHOP.

Something you might want to try is opening the Processing sketch, and changing it to send it's ArtNet data to an instance of touchDesigner that is listening on a DMX In CHOP, to see exactly what is being sent, then try pointing your DMX Out CHOP at the DMX In CHOP and see if what's leaving TouchDesigner is the same as what you're receiving from Processing.
--
Elburz Sorkhabi
Creative + Technology
nVoid Art-Tech Limited
elburz

Postby momothemonster » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:37 pm

VolvoxLabs - did you ever get this figured out? I just started playing with PixelPusher + Touch and it's all working great with their ArtNet bridge jar, but I'm only controlling one strip which spans a universe and a half.

Leap Motion + LED
Ableton Live + LED
MMM Labs - Concert Visuals and Interactive Awesomeness
momothemonster

Postby volvoxlabs » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:39 pm

momo, I'm having exactly the same issue! I talked to the PP guys and couldn't resolve the issue. Going to try to get back to this soon.. another option is to syphon the output image from TD to processing and send from there as that worked nice
volvoxlabs

Postby momothemonster » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:28 pm

@Volvox: what issue? It's all working on my end, I was just saying that I've only got one full strip to test with, is all.

I am a bit jealous of the ease with which the Processing app connects with and maps the strip, though. To get it working with ArtNet always takes a little more finagling with Network Settings. TD > Processing may indeed be the smarter way to go, but how would you do the hand-off? Does Processing support Wyphon (aka DirectX Shared Graphics Memory)?
MMM Labs - Concert Visuals and Interactive Awesomeness
momothemonster

Postby Paikowsky » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Hey all, hopefully this is the right thread for this post...

I am working with TD and trying to get the pixel pusher working. It seems as if everything is connected properly as the java bridge is receiving artnet messages and the pixel pusher is recognized. I'm guessing that the problem is in the way I am formatting the DMX data before outputting it.

I attached my project file if anyone wants to take a look...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Adam
Attachments
pixelPusherArtnet.4.toe
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by Paikowsky on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paikowsky

Next

Return to General TouchDesigner Discussion