BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Blending FBX Character Animation Takes

General discussion about anything TouchDesigner

Re: Blending FBX Character Animation Takes

Postby ParticlePeter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Thx. I attached one more FBX with an additional Take ( Take_Bind, and it is the first Take in the switch ) without Animation and all Joints set to their Bind Pose. Take_1 and Take_2 still screw up, but looks like they get the same amount of offset. Maybe this helps.

Cheers, searching for the Pivot of my Soul, PP !!!
Attachments
Dragon_3Takes.fbx
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
ParticlePeter

Postby danharper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 am

This is an old thread but I'm running into the exact same problem, wondering if anyone has managed to figure this out? Or is Quaternion in the Blend CHOP the only solution?
danharper

Postby danharper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:54 am

danharper wrote:This is an old thread but I'm running into the exact same problem, wondering if anyone has managed to figure this out? Or is Quaternion in the Blend CHOP the only solution?

No worries, found the issue. My first animation take was only taking into account Rotation X whereas my second animation take was taking into account X, Y, Z. I keyframed Y, Z for the first animation take, changing the animation very slightly to like 0.01 so TD would pick up the channels but no noticeable animation (when I tried to simply keyframe Y and Z but without changing the parameters the animation take again wouldn't recognises Y and Z).

Basically all channels need to be accounted for in both animation takes.
danharper

Previous

Return to General TouchDesigner Discussion