Resample Texture Slicedwise

Hello,

i try to resample a texture “slice-wise” with a much smaller resample texture than the original.
This works so far, but at the borders the source texture gets not resampled correctly but with a slight jitter.

I tried with different approaches but couldn’t figure out solution.

Everything is 32bit.
Shifting/resampling the original texture is not possible, because the resolution would be much to big.

Would be glad about any help.

Cheers
sliced_resample.toe (1.71 MB)

In your remap TOP you had set input smoothness to mipmap. Next to that you had some TOP nodes in the chain set to interpolate (under common tab, input smoothness) , which causes the inaccurate data.
If you set all TOP nodes to nearest pixel (you can do this quickly by selecting all TOP nodes and changing the input smoothness value in the parameter window to interpolate and then to nearest) that seems to solve the issue, see attachment
sliced_resample_nearest.toe (1.71 MB)

Hi Nettoyeur,

Thanks for your help.
I really thought i did try to change the input smoothness to, but seems i haven’t.
Problem is, that the remap shader in this setting does no interpolation between the value, so the output gets pixelated.
So i was wondering if only using single values and setting the remap op to an interpolation again would work.
But it does not behave as expected.
Seems the remap top samples from the center of the input texture, which is still weird, since the input texture is only 2x2 pixels.
Maybe this is a bug?

Cheers
remap.toe (3.78 KB)