Point File In TOP with .ply file

Hello, Testing Point File In Top, I have a problem with a .ply file exported from Metashape. PointCloud is well represented but if I try to import color information, I have only white, I dont know if the problem come from Metashape export or TD import.
I send you the .tox file.
The .ply file is here:
hoepffner.info/documentation/Tou … rSalon.ply
Can you see if there is a problem in my TD file or my .ply file?
Thank you
murSalon.tox (104 KB)

Hi Jacques, I moved this to a new thread so its easier to find.
A few things about your .toe file.

1. I would recommend using Buffer Select TOP to get at the other data channels instead of a separate Point File In TOP, because the Point File In TOP always loads all data channels, so you use up a lot more memory loading the file in twice.
  2. You can use a Info DAT on any Point File In TOP to see all the channels present.
  3. In the example I attached, you will see in the Buffer Select TOP I used the new ‘Normalized Split’ TOP viewer view to inspect the channels. In this mode you can see min and max pixel values, and notice that the pixel values are in the range 0 - 65535. So this is why the color seems white (the new normalized view is specifically for identifying data out of typical color ranges). To deal with this you can append a Math TOP and divide by 65535 to get the color back to 0-1 range.

Check out this file and let me know if you have questions.
murSalon.3.toe (11 KB)

1 Like

Hello Ben,
Thank you for your answer, since my post I found the same think and dividing by 65535 and adding 1 I obtain the right result. As for normals, multiplying it by 90, I obtain the right results. and yes I replaced the second point file in by buffer select.
So easy now!
Jacques