Spi led strips artnet to spi controller

Hello Designers,

Anyone know if SPI led strips will work in TD? Of course with proper artnet spi controller too.

I wanna know if i need to use the same dmx out chop(interface: artnet) to send data to the artnet spi controller just like you would do with artmet dmx controller? Or i would need another kind of chop to send data to the controller

youtube.com/watch?v=ShYYcr30vJw&t=4051s (INTRO pixel mapping)
Second part of this tutorial, Markus was talking about a pixlite controller, is that an spi artnet controller?

thanks

SPI is a serial interface, where as DMX, Artnet, and sACN are all DMX interfaces in the DMX Out CHOP. Googling briefly about it you could go a few routes, Arduino or Adafruit Serial programming of your SPI controller or by finding a ArtNet to SPI controller then you could use the DMX Out CHOP and the workflows explained in the video you reference.

hey man,

Pretty much makes sense to me now! Was not sure about the controller and the dmx out chop. But i get it now. Thanks for your feedback mate. I’ll update if am doing it wrong somewhere when trying.

Cheers

Usually when people ask about SPI for LEDs they are referring to the world of addressable LEDs like WS2812, APA102, SK6800 etc… In which case yes, all the Advatek, DMXKing, Falcon Contoller stuff that has been mentioned on here many times is exactly what you’re looking for and yes you control it with the DMX Out CHOP.

advateklights.com/pixlite-control/
dmxking.com/led-pixel-control/ledmx4-pro
pixelcontroller.com
enttec.com/range/drivers/le … ip-driver/

I think technically the protocol that addressable LEDs use is not definitively “Serial Peripheral Interface” as in the protocol described in this Wikipedia article than many micro-controllers use for sensors, LCD screens and SD cards:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Pe … _Interface

But even there it is described as a de-facto standard that Motorola spearheaded in the 80’s. Regardless, these days plenty of addressable LED controllers are described as SPI LED controllers (especially the single universe DMX to SPI converters, which you don’t want) and I think the term has stuck, so the definition of SPI is thus further muddied. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! Need your help! I have a spi controller. I did the process by video, but the tape still does not blink. Maybe it is possible somehow through the Art-net of the data class?