Experimental Build 2018.21670 posted

Yes, we reset build numbers with the switch to 2018. Since we roll through numbers so quickly we never want to be talking about 10k series from 2017 and 10k series from 2018, that could quickly become confusing. So odd numbered years will be 10k, 30k, 50k… even numbered years will be 20k, 40k, 60k

Welcome to 2018 :wink:

Is there a missing word here?

BACKWARDS COMPABITIBILITY WARNING - Now Python None object to string casts to instead of ‘None’ within parameter evaluation for operator parameters only. Will work with list objects as well.

Casts to ____?

Casts to “empty strings”

really hope soon the hokuyo chop will support the model using network like ust-10lx not only serial :slight_smile:

@3EYESnuts We would need a loaner laser sensor to make that happen…

Another week, another Experimental build! We are focusing efforts on squashing all bugs you report to get this branch production ready. Please give experimental a try and report any issues you encounter.

We have added support for the new D400 series RealSense cameras to the RealSense TOP. This required supporting Intel’s new librealsense library which also brings cross-platform support so you can use it with macOS 10.13+. Unfortunately the RealSense CHOP does not get an update as this Intel library does not support those features.

We have also gone through a long list of DMX bugs and enhancements.The DMX In CHOP now handles DMX start codes and a number of multicast issues and general bugs have been solved.

The Audio Render CHOP also now has a ‘distance_attenuation’ channel when used with an Info CHOP, and a number of Palette components were also updated. See the release notes for all the details.

Download

Release Notes

Enjoy your weekend!

The Video Device In is working with my D435, but the RealSenseTOP causes a light-grey freeze in TD.

The Video Device In says the Device is “Intel(R) RealSense™ 430 with RGB Module RGB”. Anything I can do to help debug?

I’m still waiting for my D435 to arrive. I’ve only been able to test with the D415 so far. Sorry about that.

Also we have discovered there is a bug in the librealsense library on macOS computers that causes a crash as soon as you try to change a setting. It is a known issue mentioned in the github repo for this librealsense library, we’ll have to wait for a fix on that.

@ben if this was the prob, please just email me the location ,i think i can send you one,hope its not too expensive on shipping it to Canada :laughing:
the_3eyesnuts@foxmail.com

We have a D435 on the way, but there is a known Issue in the librealsense2 library for macOS right now so we can’t do anything about it until that is fixed. So in summary, the Realsense TOP will now support F200, SR300, R200, LR200 and the ZR300 in macOS, but no D-series camera will work. :frowning: On Windows, they are all working. :slight_smile:

You can read the details here:
github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

We are hoping for a fix soon but you can never tell. It is an open source project now.

This new update includes new features in geometry shaders like more built-in functions (TDWorldToProj, TDPerlinNoise, and TDSimplexNoise) and the ability for "Output Shader’ to include the geometry shader. Fish Eye and Dual Paraboloid rendering can now work with geometry shaders as well.

We had to disable D400 series RealSense support on macOS only as the Intel libsense library has a fatal bug in it currently. Look for us to re-enable this as soon as it gets fixed in the API.

There are dozens on bug fixes and improvements as well, including a big update to OP Snippets. Keep the bug reports coming, this branch is getting very stable now!

Read the release notes for all the details.

Download

Release Notes.

More new features and many bug fixes this week.

Excited to introduce CodeMeter Dongle Privacy for components. This lets you create private components and applications that run on dongles you setup for your clients (requires appropriate TouchDesigner or TouchPlayer license).

With the addition of a new PreFilter TOP, you now have more options to Pre-filter environment maps on the GPU for use with the Environment Light COMP. Both Diffuse and Specular Maps can be separately pre-filtered using this workflow.

The Execute DAT gets helpful onProjectPreSave and onProjectPostSave callbacks for prepping save states and initializing projects after saving.

More details in the Release Notes!

Download

Release Notes.

It’s all bug fixes this time as we focus on stability and performance. This build of experimental is a release candidate for Official which will be updated soon. We encourage you to give it a try to see if you encounter any issues and recommend beginning to move our projects over to this branch to take advantage of the many performance optimization with the the 2018.20000 series of builds. Report any issues you find int he Bugs forum.

Download

Release Notes.

Hello,
Just triying the last 21670 on MacOs 10.13.4 and I found two bugs:

1. Opening the app and listening music (via iTunes), the music sounds crappy when TD finished loading.
  2. Quitting the app, it crashes with an empty advert. When I say OK and the the app quitted, the quality of sound come back.
    Capture d’écran 2018-04-14 à 22.38.59.png

We know about the empty crash dialog on quitting, and we think its fixed in the next build we will post.

Could you explain #1 further?
I couldn’t reproduce this so some questions came to mind.It is with a particular TouchDesigner file? Does the file have audio output? What are the machine specs? internal sound or outboard audio?

Hello Ben,
My machine specs are below.
It happen with or without file, only opening TD 099 2018-21670 (non-commercial licence)
It happen only with my Motu UltraLight MK3 card, not with other output: built-in, Blackmagic UltraStudio MiniMonitor or soundFlower.
Playning sound from TD, sound is good on any output but crapy with Motu
Playing sound from iTunes to Motu output, it sounds good if TD is closed, crapy when TD is open
Playing sound from iTunes to any other output, it sounds good.
No problems with TD 2017-15400 (education licence)
No problems with TD 2017-16620 (non-commercial licence).
Thank you for your dedication,
Jacques
Capture d’écran 2018-04-15 à 17.55.19.png

Noob question: should I delete TouchDesigner before installing a newer version of it, or it’s fine to install it in a folder with an older version?

Hi demicuz,
You can install new builds on top of old ones without worry.

@Jacques
Are you using ASIO for the MOTU? You shouldn’t try accessing a device via ASIO with 2 programs, and you also can not use 2 ASIO devices at the same time in one application like TouchDesigner, Ableton, Reaktor, etc.

Are you sure your sample rate settings are correct, they must match in the MOTU settings dialog and inside TouchDesigner.