movieFileOut with audio

Hello,

I’m having trouble understanding the combination between audio channels can work with the movieFileOut TOP :

I’m controlling audioPlay CHOPs with a midi keyboard, and I want to record the sound as well as the visuals.
I’m looked thought the documentation, where is says the audio has to be sliced, but I didin’t get a better result with a time slice CHOP.
I also tried a math CHOP, no succes. I think my chop channel format is not good but I don’t know how to get back to a double stereo channels (I have more than 10 audioPlay CHOPs to combine together)

Has anybody here ever had to deal with the situation? I’m starting to get a bit stuck.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

click Help → Operator Snippets → TOPs → Movie File Out to see an example network of the Movie Out TOP recording with audio.

To combine multiple CHOP channels with audio signals into one you can certainly use a Math CHOP, set it to Add. You will usually end up with a signal that is too loud (over +1 and -1), you can use a Audio Dynamic CHOP to correct the gain.
See an example doing exactly this in opsnippets-> CHOP → Audio Dynamics.

You can use the merge CHOP to make a single CHOP with a stereo signal out of two CHOPs with mono channels. See example in opsnippets-> CHOP → Audio Filter.

Hope this gets you on your way.

Hey,

Thanks for your answer.
I went into the OpSnippets, and the configuration does work for and audiodevicein CHOP, but I think I have a format issue, my audioPlay CHOPs are not in an audio ‘signal’ shape, I’m thinking this is why when I plug it in I have no audio in the .mov file.
(I attached an image with my current sound network)
Or maybe is it because my files are in .wav?

ah sorry, I misread your original question.
If you open the wiki page for the Audio Play CHOP, you’ll read:

So you’ll have to use Audio File In CHOPs for all your audio files.

PS i noticed you have straight wires between your nodes, if this was per accident, you can change this with key “s”

I should have put a screenshot for clarity from the begining :slight_smile:

I added an audioFileIn for each file, and tried to record : Works perfecly well :slight_smile:
I don’t know how I missed this info about the audioPlay CHOP, I could have tried for a very long time I guess.

Thanks a lot !