CHOP noise with a clean loop point?

What/any type of noise will make a clean loop point?

Or so I need to hide a sneaky blend, like we would with non-loopable video pieces?

Bruce

Check the Constraints page on the noise CHOP. You’ll see that you can set start and ends vals - allowing you to make looping noise.

Cool! Thanks!

edit:

Wait - that’s just values though, not the curve? So there could be an abrupt change in direction?

Anyway to avoid that - connect them up?

I’d probably use a pattern CHOP and combine my noise with a Math CHOP to be able to shape it a little more.

You could also change your extend pars to be mirror instead of hold or cycle. Doing a quick test that looks like it works pretty well.

Ah, TouchDesigner. Always another OP you haven’t seen.

Mirror would probably also jump direction, I think.

Thanks - sounds like I need to experiment. Worst case, I can go true random and transform.

I do wish that noise CHOPs had a default transform though, instead of being inherently changing.

Some other noise OP does that, I swear. It’s nice to have that extra handle.

Bruce

OK - for future searchers.

Passing noise through a pattern set to multiply channels with Sine (integer amount of waves relative to noise) will match things up, at the cost of a mild pattern appearing, and the start and end points being 0 and 0 velocity.

That maybe what you meant Matthew - thank you.

Bruce

That’s the ticket!

Adjusting the amplitude of the sine wave can help reduce some of the pattern appearing.