CHOP Cross doesn't output sometimes?

I have a cross shop doing an audio crossfade. Obviously, I’m changing the feeds. I’m using a math to make sure the channel count and names are always identical, but: some types on input in the first Cross input make the output disappear. It seems to be that stills and movies are fine, but movies with no audio track make the cross not function. Oddly, trail looks OK…

Any clues? When I have the error, it’s obviously my non-time-sliced constant that is feeding the cross, but I can put a stretch on and make it timesliced - doesn’t help.

When it’s working, the op viewer is a waveform, and when it’s not, the op viewer is single values (but varying, and a trail looks the same).

Ah ha. So - a blank movie produces an audio movie with data with a sample rate of the main sample rate. That’s 59.94 for me - that may be the problem. A still makes an audio movie with 44.1K I believe.

The cross makes silence when fed a 59.94Hz sample rate.

I added a resample to ‘fix’ it. Is this one bug? Two? None?

Bruce

There’s a lot of things going on there. We can take a look if you could simplify it down into an example file. It will take a while to reproduce your example and we’d still not be sure if its exactly what you have going on, so example .toe would be much appreciated.