Navigating keyframes in Animation

Dear list,

This is probably something that has come before but I didn’t quite find it out there. I have made some keyframes in an Animation COMP and I would like to now “navigate” this curves from keyframe to keyframe but that once I arrive to the next keyframe the value remains static until I trigger the next. Something like:

keyframe ->->->->-> keyframe2(hold until trigger) ->->->->->-> keyframe3

I imagine there’s a way using the Animation COMP and the Timer CHOP but most examples cycle on each segment and I haven’t figured it out how to tell the timer just “hold” when a segment has been completed and resume when I press a button, for instance.

Could someone point me out in the right direction?

Thanks!
D.

You can set the Animation COMP to use different input. Set the Play Mode to Use Input Index. Then just have a momentary button connected to a filter connected to the input, and you can step frame by frame. If you want to step keyframe by keyframe just make a note of what frame of the animation your keyframes are on, and switch between those values on your input (with a filter chop to interpolate).

Hello Elburz,

Thanks a lot! I missed your answer for about a week. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Best,
Darien