How to Create an Interactive SlideShow

What I am attempting may be so far beneath TouchDesigner’s capabilities that it is laughable…(that’s why I’m posting in the beginner’s forum)

I’m trying to make a simple slideshow that can be controlled like PowerPoint. I’ve come up with a couple of ideas of how I would make it work but my ideas are probably too complex to keep this simple.

How should I prepare the images (slides) and how should I structure them?
What TOP should I use?

I have been in a training mode with TD for 3 weeks but sadly I am not much closer that I was when I started. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Brain.

Best practice is always break things down to simplest steps, and do the steps.

The example I attached has a button that counts through numbers.

There are a bunch of Movie In TOPs connected to a Switch TOP, and the Switch TOP’s Index is being driven by the incrementing value from the Count CHOP. You can keep expanding it and make it more advanced, cross dissolving between slides by filtering the value coming out of the Count CHOP, or getting rid of the Movie In TOPs and replacing them with sources you generate inside of TouchDesigner.
slideshow.toe (4.6 KB)

This is pretty old but Bryant Place posted a twitter feed tox that has a nice way of transitioning between tops buried inside.

Could be adapted to switch between photos instead of text.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2397&p=8271&hilit=twitter#p8271

1 Like

You guys rock, thanks for throwing me a bone.

I’m going to run with it and see what I can come up with.
Thanks again…