Creating a little mini synth

Hey everyone,

I’m in the process of learning Touch, and am exploring the 16StepSequencer tool that Touch comes with. Having a background in electronic music production, the idea of creating a little mini step sequencer synth in Touch is pretty appealing to me. I want to have ithe 16StepSequencer trigger a Trigger chop every time it moves a step so I can get an ADSR curve going and make a little mini synth with the Oscillator chop. So I guess, is there a CHOP that will output a 1 every time it detects a change in the value of its input, followed by a 0 when the value is the same? I tried doing this by taking the output of the StepSequencer’s index value (the index value that ramps through the 16 steps), and comparing it with a delayed version of itself to see if they differ in value. This does kind of work, but is not that accurate and makes popping noises. I might be missing something or not thinking about this the right way, but I’d love to learn more about making a sort of step-sequencer synth in Touch if anyone has any insight.

The logic chop set to “On When Value Changed”

Thanks!