programatically change value in constant parameter mode?

Hi, I would like to change the constant value of a parameter without using a mouse.
something like “op(‘constant1’).par.value1=val” in a chopexecute works to set the value to the incoming one, but i would like to replace the “val” with another op’s specific parameter values. when I try, it gets passed by expression which makes sense but is not what I want. Is there any way to easily set these values without their parameters being directly linked.

Thanks
Annotation 2019-09-03 203640.png

You want to change the value in a script?

Not sure I’m totally understanding the question, but you may want to note the difference between op(‘constant1’).par.value1 and op(‘constant1’).par.value1.eval(). The former returns a parameter (which is sometimes correctly cast into a value) while the latter returns the actual value.

Do you mean something like this? (both ‘source’ and ‘dest’ are Constant CHOPs):

I was trying grab transformation values from a noise chop mapped to a geo to use as presets. I think the preset requires a change in the constant value rather than a reference to the noise (to save the actual value as a preset rather than the expression). I was looking for an easy (drag and drop) way to continually map parameters like this, rather than edit a script every time I want to link a new parameter.

I am currently using a chop execute and constant with a script to link the first 12 values of the constant to the transform matrix of the operator ‘geo1’. This is somewhat reusable. Is there something better? Sorry I was sleep-deprived when I posted the first time

You should post what you have as a .tox or .toe so we can take a look at what you’re trying to accomplish. Sometimes this works better at explaining than text.

I have attached a toe with my current settings. Scrapped the constant. My project container has a custom toggle that is linked to ‘geo1’ inside. I have 3 presets stored for the toggle: on, off, and export from ‘logic1’. I really just want to store a snapshot of the current value of ‘logic1’ when I store a preset, so preset 3 would be ‘1’ or ‘0’, instead of’ export from ‘logic1’ Sorry if what I am asking is unclear. I am not too familiar with presets in touch. Thanks
preset attempt.toe (25.1 KB)

Are you wanting to stream values directly to the custom parameter panel?

So keeping with the split view, left side is the Parent component with the custom parameters and presets.

Right side is the geo/visuals and a “receive value” toggle to force the parent’s custom parameter to stream a lfo chop’s value to the geo’s scale.

Turn on the receive value, and after this it all works with the presets. Once you see a value you like (which i don’t know how you will since they’re quickly and constantly changing), just enter a new preset name and create it. Afterwards turn off the receive value toggle (make sure to do this as it glitches out the preset’s dropdown menu and has crashed my Mac [not on my windows machine however]) and then you can recall any preset you’d like.

I’m also not sure if this is what you meant, since you previously stated you’re already using a chop execute and my example also uses one. But I’m not really sure of another way to store/capture streaming values for a preset.
preset_attempt.2.toe (25.6 KB)

Thanks Why. I was hoping to do it without a script but no worries. My main problem was that i was storing expressions rather than values but .eval() solves this. Thanks a lot to you and Ivan.