Lister Callbacks

Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some help with the ‘lister’ in the palette.

I’ve been trying to create a cue list based on the lister. I can see that there is a button on the params window to “edit callbacks” which has a link for the wiki on the list of callbacks.

is there an example somewhere on how to build in and use the existing callbacks?

I can get the lister to take an interact with a table just fine and even use the lister’s methods such as SelectRow and such. I’m just at a loss on how to actually get the callbacks to behave the way I use callbacks on a chopexecute for example.

I’ve been following these two docs:
docs.derivative.ca/Lister_Custom_COMP_Examples

docs.derivative.ca/Palette:lister

to begin, for example, what would I have to set up in callbacks if i wanted to just print(‘fire’) when a row is selected?

Thank you!

Aha I figured it out, not sure what happened but I had some typo in the callbacks.

Either way, it would be really useful to get more examples of working listers.

My hope is to get it so that each item on the lister is related to a script that can be anything from loading content to pulsing some particular object inside a content tox.

More examples for lister is certainly a possibility in the future.

I’m happy to help with any specific questions until then.

Hi Ivan! Would be great to have some more examples of the lister. Maybe a couple of different setup snippets in a tox file on the wiki would be enough?

At the moment I diving into conditional formatting. (just changing background colors based on values. At the moment i am doing that in the " onConvertData(info)" function. Following your setup how you have built the component lister. Was wondering if this is the function to put my script in? (checking a different column in the same row index to change the background color accordingly)
Thanks
Roy

I personally think that’s the best choice. If you haven’t already checked out the color sourceDataMode, it’s really useful for this kind of stuff.

perfect! Thanks!

For anyone else looking to set up the lister with conditional formatting, I’ve used this approach in the callbackDat:

def onConvertData(info):
colNames = info[“data”][0]

for item in info["data"]:

if item[colNames.index("exists")] == "False" :
		filepath = str(item[colNames.index("filepath")]) 
		item[filepathCol] = [1,0,0,.15,filepath]