New tox Crashing TD without warning or Error

ey guys so I have a project that Ive been working on for a bit now that is mainly a vj mixer that I am mostly using glsl with. Recently I added a new tox component and for some reason now the project is crashing after a few min with a simple Kantan mapping output up and audio input for reaction of some geo. This happens generally when you are viewing it on the output.

Ive added a .toe of my project with the problematic tox in Red If you drill down from the root. Ive narrowed it down to this as it was the last thing I added and when I dont cook it, it does not crash. Ive turned cooking off so you can actually find it. Once you turn cooking on, if you toggle the output of the Kantan mapper in the root you should see a crash soon there after.

Running on latest experimental 2019.12330 on Win 10 with a GTX1060-MaxQ

Any help would be much appreciated as there is no error or warning on the crash

please let me know if there is anything that is confusing
GRNCHVjexport.zip (22.7 MB)

so after doing some more troubleshooting, it turns out that maybe the camera that is in the problem comp in question is causing the issue. Ive attempted to automate the camera position using a path sop(a simple circle) and a LFO in the position slider to rotate it.

I deleted the camera and added a new one with the same settings minus the LFO exported to the position slider. just messing around with the slider without the LFO did cause an exit however since I removed the export of the LFO chop and havent messed with the position I have had no issues…

Will update with more if anything else arises

SO after a few more hours of testing, Crashing was still happening with the rotation but alot less often. I think I realized that the issue stems from the GLSL Mat inside the problematic component as it is the only bit of code inside there that might be causing this project to exit. Its the case where when I changed from TDSimplexNoise to TDPerlinNoise the crashing has totally gone away! And this is with the automation of the camera position that I thought was causing crashing before! At this point I havent had any crashes for about an hour or so, that being said I think replacing the noise function causing the deformation worked!

Hi.
Are you able to send any created dmp files to support@derivative.ca ?
We’ll be more able to quickly pinpoint what’s breaking down.

Thanks for posting,
Rob.

Also haven’t been able to see the crash, after enabling /project1/Video/Song11/base1 and Kantan viewer.
Is there any interaction that needs to be done?
Thanks,
Rob

Rob, its not actually creating a crash dmp its just exiting with no warnings/errors or dumps.

For me once I enable that comp, not much is need for it to crash with in 5min or less

I can also make a video for you if you like.

We’ll continue running it some more.
Have you been able to try the bare toe on a different machine?
Just wondering if you’re using some device that’s not setup on our end, masking the issue.

Do you need Kantan to make it crash? Can you view the scene in a node for example?

Thanks,
Rob

I have seen it crash without Kantan, you could just view it in a node but I realized it crashed more often with Kantan up. I have tried just the bare Toe( just the comp in question) on this machine and it didnt start crashing until I brought it into this larger project, I figured prob due to more resources being used possibly. I havent tried the bare toe on a different machine as all the other machines I can run TD on are MAC and considerably slower hardware. I will attempt to run it on one other machine though.

We had it running for about an hour, but unfortunately no crash yet.
What other resources might you be using?
There was MIDI and TBAbleton but that was disabled?
Some audio output as well.

We’ll try on a build closer to your setup to see if that helps.

Please keep us posted,

Rob.

Yes I do have a Midi controller setup, a M-audio UC-33e and TDableton running. TDableton is what is sending out the data that the comp in question is reaction too. I have just added in an audio file for you to be able to see some reaction. It is possible that TDableton is causing the problem but I have seen it crash whether connected or not.