image looper

Hey all I have a fairly simple project that I’d like to make, but can’t seem to get my head around.

I have a container that I want to display 3 images in a looping manner.
All 3 images are inside of their own containers respectively and are displayed side by side in the main container.

What I want to do is the drive the x parameter of each img container so they move in unison (either to the right or left) in a smooth manner as if on a conveyor belt and when any part of one img moves off the main container it comes back on the other side like a loop.

Don’t know if I’m making myself clear, but any help would be appreciated!

you could double up the containers, so have containers A1 , B1, and C1, and then duplicates A2, B2, C2, so that as A1 starts moving out of frame, A2 will start moving in, then once A1 moves completely out of view, its position will move to the back of the line. in this case you might also keep the images outside the containers and reference them in the background TOP parameter on the Look page, so you don’t have to duplicate the actual images.

i’m wary of ever saying that you can’t do something in Touch, but i don’t think you can make a container split and show its parts in different sections of a parent component. if you know any GLSL, i know you can do this in a GLSL TOP.

It’s possible to do this in containers, you should set the parent crop parameter to ‘on’ so that the inside containers don’t show up if they move out of bounds.

I would probably do this with geo-instancing instead, you can set the textures of each instance to a video file, here’s an example.

Just like CorbinWhite said, double up your image instances, and loop the x position, put the camera in the middle and you will never see the loop happen.

convator_images.tox (1.58 KB)

Hey harveymoon,

That looks great! Thank you so much for this, I don’t think I’ve ever done any geo-instancing and look forward to learning more!

Because this is the first result in google which showed up when I was looking for something similar i will add my solution. I wanted to move rectangle in loop like you can do when you change phase of Ramp TOP and I found that you can use Extend in Transform CHOP. Maybe it will help some beginners like me. Cheers.