Resizing Perform Window when Multiple Displays Connect

Hi all!

I’m running into a little issue here at our art space, not for the first time. I have my computer set on a timer, but my projectors have to be manually turned on. When TouchDesigner starts before the extra projectors turn on in my 3-4 projector setup, the Window Comp doesn’t re-fill the new desktop space. Is there any way to trigger this?

I’ve attempted to make a Monitors DAT and use the callback from that to pulse() the “Update Setting from Window” button, but nothings seems to happen.

Truly, I’ve only been at this program for a week or two, so any assistance would be fantastic and much appreciated!

Attaching a screenshot of my Window Comp parameters:

maybe not the answer you asked, but often people use EDID managers for this issue.
It’s a little dongle you stick into your videocard output, and your connect your projector to that dongle. The EDID manager (or EDID learner/cacher sometimes called) saves the EDID from your projector, so Windows always thinks all projectors are connected and running, even when they are off or disconnected.

here’s a random example, you can find more/less pro ones in a wide price range
fsrinc.com/fsr-products/product … athway-143

On nvidia Quadro cards and the pro-range AMD cards this feature is built-in.

Hmmm thats a good suggestion, thanks!

Though I’m still looking for a software solution. Does Python have delayed callbacks? Maybe I can delay from the DisplaysChanged event and then re-set the window.

Though the software solution is good to figure out, I too highly suggest adding some edid managers in line. It will keep your machine happier to always see the same monitors connected the same way.

The og Gefen DVI Detective are cheap, reliable, and plentiful on ebay: ebay.com/itm/Gefen-EXT-DVI- … y&LH_BIN=1