TD+Ableton+Kinect : Help!

Hello,
I have bought finally the Ableton Live 10 license and I would like to start to work in connection with Touchdesigner.
I would be interested into controlling the sound effects generated in Ableton Live with my arms and so with Kinect.

Is there a way to do that using TD?
Are there resources online to achieve this or could you give me advice on how to achieve this?

I have already a good knowlege on how trigger audio and video actions using kinect, but I have never connected TD to Ableton.
Any help is really appreciated, thanks!

Please try TDAbleton. You can find it in the wiki and here on the forum: derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopi … =TDAbleton

Thanks Ivan!
I had a look to the thread but I did not find anything mentioning the use of Kinect with Ableton and TD.
Also, I am having problems just with the sinchronization between Ableton and TD, with the Touchdesigner folder not been shown in the control surface dropdown menu in Ableton (preferences → link Midi ). I am following the instructions of the TDAbleton page (section: Set up Ableton Live - point 3) and I got stuck there.

I would check this on loading custom Ableton surfaces.

help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic … l-Surfaces

TDAbleton does not have built in Kinect features, but once you get TDA set up and Kinect set up, you can make them interact in whatever ways you come up with.

As far as installing TDA, if you aren’t seeing TouchDesigner as a MIDI Remote Script option, you probably put the TouchDesigner folder in the wrong location. Double check the Ableton Live help page for installing 3rd party remote scripts: help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articl … ote-Script

Hey Ivan thank you for help!
I managed to connect Touchdesigner and TDA. I presume that the first time I have problably not re-started Ableton after copying the folder.

I have also managed to let Kinect controlling some Ableton effects and features. If you are interested I can upload a sample of what I have achieved so far.

I still need lot to understand though. And the main problem is that I have no idea how Ableton works (looks a complicated software).

I will probably get in touch to you because I guess I am going to face some other problems soon! Thank you so much for the moment!

Here we go!
I have a question Ivan!

I am able to control the Tempo of the Whole song, but my now I would like to control the speed of a single Audio clip and hence also the lenght of the loop.

I tried in every container to select my Audio Clip, but then the only device available is #Mixer and its parameters are not the one controlling “Seg. BPM” (speed) and “Loop position” (loop lenght), from the menu Sample.

Do I do any mistakes or is this feature not available?
Can I control speed and lenght someway?

Hi- The answer you seek lies in Python. I’m on the same path, different boat just a few miles ahead hehe. I’ve learned that when it comes to taking data from different operators to try to combine them and execute just one event, or vice versa, you need a little python basic code. Something like a CHOP Execute and a few lines that tell a component in TDAbleton what to do when conditions in other operators are met.
Hope that puts you on the right path, or that you already figured out.
If so, it would be awesome if you post your solution here. =)