[Resolved] Timer Face in/out via Keyboard

DearCommnity,
I got following problem which I cannot solve by my own. Would be happy if someone has an idea.
I want to change the speed of a video by increasng it from 0 to 1, and after that decraesing it from 1 to 0. This should happen when pressing a keyboard button. My prblem is that I cannot combine the two timer_fraction channels in a reasonable way to achieve my purpose.
I attached my file, so far I got along

Niklas
ramp_test.toe (4.49 KB)

here’s one way to do it.
set_speed_with_keyboard_toggle.tox (726 Bytes)

Thank you, that works.
The only thing is that I would like to have better control over the fadees in terms of ramptime and rampspeed/ramp-behaviour. Thats is why I would prefer the timer. So if there is a nother possibility I would be happy.

You know you can control the up/down ramptime and acceleration by setting the paramters in the Lag CHOP? (parameter lag1 is for ramp up time, parameter lag2 is for ramp down time…etc) You can also use a Filter CHOP instead of the Lag CHOP for addional curves.
Add a Trail CHOP to see the effect.

Another way to achieve this may be the triggerChop.
Also you can get great control over your fades by drawing them in the Animation Editor and run them by feeding timer fraction as index into a lookupChop that looks up your Animation curve…

I got it! with the help of the Trail CHOP to see whats happening I found the ramp I needed. Thanks a lt for your help!

I think it might becom more complicated. Now I need to have a ramp which I could not mange with the Lag oder FilterChop. I need the curve raise fastly, then raise less in the middle and strong in the end again? Is that possible?

Maybe I might need to get abck to your suggestion, MXZEHN. I managed to draw the curve I want in the animation editor, but what do I need to connect to it to have my raising values? Also I need to ajust the speed of my curve without having to draw a new curve. Do you maybe have an exemple for me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

AnimationCOMP can be driven bei an index Input. To do that change the animationCOMP settings:
Play Mode: Use Input Index
Input Index Unit : Fraction
Now the curve is being “played back” by an index value of 0-1
That can be generated in many ways, for example by triggerCHOP or constantCHOP,
most controlled way I find is to use a timerCHOP to generate that index. TimerCHOPs Length can be set dynamically. Driving Curves with other curves can be confusing in result, so a straight ramp as input is preferable to begin. However you could also use that index to run it into a patternCHOP to see how different curves input (sin, tan) affect the resulting animation. Use a trailCHOP to see how your animation behaves over time.
Example:

best
Stefan / MXZEHN