Opposite of Switch Chop

I am looking for a possibility to route a audiofile in chops to one of 5 different audio deice out chops. I want to chose by number to which AudioDEviceOut-Chop the sound should be sent. Since I am still a beginner I just cannot find a way. Hope someone has an idea.

More complex routing is usually a little easier to solve with a select operator (a select CHOP for example) and some simple python scripting. If you can post some more details and your starting point we can try to give you a push in the right direction. Have you done any python before?

Do you come from a Max MSP background and using gate and router objects?

Thanky raganmd for you offer.
I come from Isadora-Background. There you have the “Router-Actor” which exactly does what I want. I never used MaxMSP and tried a little in Python already in TouchDesigner.

I attached a file with my base setup. By setting numbers 1-5 I want to route the Audiofilein-Chop to one of 5 different AudioDeviceOut-Chops (with different devices chosen in the Chop).

The aim is to change the audiodevice that the sound is routing to dynamically.
I would be happy if someone can help me to get on the way with that.
audio_routing.2.toe (9.88 KB)

The easiest non-python way would be to use Fan CHOP to turn one channel into a channel per output, then filter to smooth out the signal change. Then you can use each of the new channels as “gates” by multiplying the audio signal going to each output by it’s corresponding “gate” channel.
audio_routing.toe (11 KB)

Thank you elburz! Thats what I am looking for. I didnt understand the fan CHOP yet. By the way I have been again to the Void-Website. Impressive projects you have. I will be happy to see oneof them live one day.

No problem, Matthew can provide further examples (I’m sure he already has a tutorial about it) but I thought I’d chime in with the native operator version that doesn’t need Python since it’s easier for new users to grasp.

Thanks for the kind words :smiley: