switch TOP fade

Hi, it’s possibile to have a switch TOP having a little fade out when transisioning from an input to another?

thx in advance.

If you enable the blending on a Switch TOP it will blend between the inputs. Depending on your use case, a nice trick is that you can add an input between your 2 desired sources, like a Constant TOP that is black and set to the same resolution as your content. Then if your control value goes from 0 - 2 smoothly, it will pass through the Constant TOP and can act like a fade out before fading in the new content.

This doesn’t work for all situations but for simple ones it can be a quick fix. You can also adjust the control signal to make a more complex fade ramp.

I see, is the control value (midi triggering) which is not smooth, the fade is built-in :slight_smile:

Sorry, I don’t think I understood you last question. Would you like to smooth out the control value? A Filter CHOP will help with that.

Sorry i read this only now: meanwhile i tried the filter chop by myself and it works :slight_smile:

:laughing: