HTC Vive projection mapping with Camschnappr

Hello,
I’m new in TouchDesigner. I’m now testing dynamic projection mapping using Camschnappr with vive controller. Now I’ve attach object to the vive controller, but after I aligned 6 points in the view port, the projection just not match with the position of object. The camera seemed not calibrated. Could anyone tell me how let the camera calibrated? Thank you :smiley:
vivemapping.zip (96.7 KB)

Hi,

have you tried calibrating to the object itself first?
Are you in TouchDesigner 099 or 088?

Cheers
Markus

Hi,
I use TouchDesigner 088, I’ve tried that before, and it worked!
I followed the instruction made by you from here: derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopi … =22&t=4225
Thanks…

Hi,

So after calibrating the projector, you would have to place the controller on your object and save the position the Openvr CHOP returns (using a Hold CHOP for example). Now calculate the difference between the saved values and the new controller position and use these values to transform the object. I have never tried this but imagine it working this way.

Attached a simple breakdown of it.

Cheers
Markus
viveCamSchnappr.tox (46.1 KB)

Hey, how is it going?

Im just curious about how exactly can I track a controller position using td. If I only have a controller and two base stations would that be possible? How would the computer receive data from the controller? Do I need the htc linkbox? Sorry if the questions are too noob but Im trying to find information about this and I just couldnt. I want to buy whats necessary to track the controller and it would be a lot cheaper if I donn need the actual vive glasses. I never got my hands on one so I`m not sure about how the connection with the computer works.

thanks in advance!

Im not sure about this technique, definitely not what I did.

I had to take apart camschnappr and basically only used the cv2.calibrateCamera function because calibrating a projector to real coords is different then getting a static shape to work.
Camschnappr was never made to use a moving sop geometry and totally screws up when you try to move the sop with the controller.

This post is not related the the discussion and you should go to steam forums about vive questions but ill answer you anyway… You aren’t going to get very far cutting corners, I tried to use the tracking without the headset and the results are poor. You need all the gear.
Touchdesigner has a CHOP for getting the values from trackers. It’s that easy… Try first then ask questions when you have issues.