using Oculus control to switch index items

I’m trying to use the oculus controller to switch between different index items in a switch. I’m attempting to use a chop exec and limit chop to say when the trigger is pressed the min and max values of the limit increase by one. Not sure if I’m going about it the right way. I’ve included the component.
oculuscontrol.tox (950 Bytes)

Hey there!

Here is a quick incrementer/decrementer that just works with two incoming chops, one for up and one for down. Sort of crazy there isn’t an op for this ( count CHOP never quite fits the need it seems) but this should help you get there.

Just select your incrementing channel ( your trigger pressed channel) from your Oculus input data and wire it into the increment input. You can can also have a channel that will decrement. Inside I just have a constant chop with min/max values, right now it loops, but look at the scripting and its pretty easy to adjust so it clamps if you want. Also see two buttons inside that allow you to test internally.

If I have a bit I can just flesh this out into a full custom component with increment values, min/max, pulse buttons, etc etc… I think I’ve done it and then let it get buried in a project a few times at this point!

** edit **
the countCHOP will work for this with as shown in this post, i have often found a it bit unreliable for certain things but likely works just fine for your need as well:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9191&p=34713&hilit=increment#p34713

Cheers
P
chopIncrementer.tox (1.97 KB)

And because I feel silly making a script version first, though a nice scripting lesson, this is likely the most straightforward solution :slight_smile: See attached countCHOP solution!
incrementWithCountChop.tox (1.44 KB)

This helped bigtime.
Thank you!