Control project cooking via MIDI

Hi there,

I’d like to have several container projects in one single .toe to switch between them.
Everything is fine and it works, the only thing I cannot achieve is to control the container project cooking via MIDI; is that possible or I should look at different ways to switch between several projects without melt my GPU?

Thanks!

Try looking at the Select Comp example in Help/Op snippets, notice the python expressions in the “Select Panel” parameter in the 3 examples. Slide the constant back and forth and see how the 3 react.

You will want to set up a similar network, where your Select Panel is selected for perform mode; but using some chops to harness your midi instead of the constant. Depending on your midi set up might be (logic,math, hold, count, etc)

If I’m not understanding the question, perhaps post an example file…

Hi bwanajh,

this is perfect! Thanks so much for pointing me out!

I have just a question, when a comp is not selected using this method,
it is always “running”? My aim was to disable it completely and free up some CPU and GPU,

Thanks again!

Hi Vertexshining,

read the paragraph “the order of cooking” here:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index … of_Cooking

So this means your containers will only cook if a Switch TOP or a Select TOP is requesting its output.
You can check this by turning the viewer of each node ff (because looking at a node is the same as requesting its output) and looking at the wires coming from each container, if they are not animated, they are not cooking. You can also middle click on each container to see they have stopped cooking if you are not requesting their output.