Spout in frame rate drop

I am working on a project using unreal engine 4 and am trying to projection map the content.

I am using a spout plugin for ue4 that works with touchdesigner. It seems to be working fine but the frame rate drops by 50-70% once im using ue4. Im not sure how to reduce this I know ue4 can be a beast but theres no issue in frame rate drop in ue4.

Not sure if its a priority thing as ue4 I would assume takes it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Does the TD window have focus?
See also Malcolm’s answer in this thread about unreal&TD: Issues with application focus (unreal vs TD) in fulldome

Hi nettoyeur, thanks for the quick response

I was looking at that post earlier and I believe unreal is generally going to take focus, when not it plays at a preview like low frame rate mode until click on again.

I open up the networks again this morning and I’m not seeing any of the frame rate drop I was getting yesterday, not really sure why this is occurring.

For the future is there a good method for changing focus to touch designer.

Got the similar problem with sending Spout from TouchDesigner to Resolume Arena (and from Arena to projector).

When the focus is on TD, Arena framerate drops causing lags of the output. When the focus is on Arena, everything is alright. But unfortunatelly the UI is in TD, so I need focus there…

No idea, how to solve it…