sync of video + channel data stream

Hi there,
What are the “off the shelf” in TD options to transfer texture from one pc to another
with different compressions (include delay ) that will sync with the camera transform data?
( top and chop stream sync)

I try to use h264 which produce delay…

thank you
barak.

hello,

Give NDI a try.
If using the Non Commercial version which doesn’t include NDI, you can use Syphon or Spout and then convert it to NDI (Like NDISyphon app from Vidvox in macOS)

thanks mate,
im also on ndi.
either way it will produce tme diffrences…
no ?

I use it everyday for large scale projections and i never have more than 1 frame of latency

channel and texture data ?

texture and sound and sometimes camera remote

sounds great,
i tried with the ndi
to pass channel
with 16 samples.
are you able to do that ?
not works for me.

for data i would use either solutions :

• OSC in / out
  • UDP/TCP
  • you can use Touch IN / OUT chop (only available in Pro license)
  • if your data are just numeric values you could convert them to pixel values (either colors for multiple values or just the brightness) and send them over NDI or RTP

Thanks mate,
I was hoping for other answer.

Hello Barakooda,
Did you find answer to your question about streaming both channel and video? I am facing a similar challenge now, I would appreciate your comments!

Hi
I had to encode the transformation data on the texture.
but,
as it seem, TD guys already offer meta data per frame using chop on the stream out node
did you try it ? (i`m not using TD this days so didn’t try it my self.)

Hey, thanks for your answer. I tried metadata, but to my knowledge, it can only be read fromTD while I stream to python outside. Encoding to texture means to numpyarray and TOP?