antialiasing not working properly

Hello guys,

I got strange problems with Touch088 built 62160 and I cant get the solution nor the reason why this is happening. Antialiasing is up to 2x or 32x and still artifacts everywhere!
Problem only occures when rendered as 2D, in fisheye its gone :question:

if someone has any ideas I would be very thankfull, screencap and File to the problem are attached.

My Rig:
1080 GTX Gigabyte Gaming Extrem -latest driver
i5 4670K
win 10 64bit

Kind regards
Simon
TDfailFaceculling.JPG
artifacts.toe (52.5 KB)

This is actually in your Camera COMP at /project1/scene2. Your Near clipping plain was changed to a value of 0.0001, changing this back to 0.1 resolves the problem… or at least I think it does. This parameter is located on the View page of the Camera COMP.

thank you very much, it did the job. At first, I thought its a problem with the graphicdrivers because I changed the Rig. Somehow this thing never occured befor, with the old GTX.

But it only solved the problem when cam near is changed to 0.003-0.0005. Last value performed best. Plus back face culling is active in render TOP

Thank you very much for the fast answer.

simon

Anytime the camera near and far planes are too far apart artifacts can occur. Also, sometimes the clipping planes go crazy in 3D Geo viewers or node viewers. You can check the planes for these views by opening the viewer’s Display Options (Right-click on viewer) and looking under the ‘Culling’ page.

The near plane should be larger if possible, 0.1 or 0.01. Right now you are putting a lot of precision at close distances and very little at far.