Online Images

Hi,

for a strange reason, when I’m using an online image as the file of a TOP’s movie in, I got an error : Failed to open the file. I checked, the image exist and I tried turning my firewall off but nothing is working. By the way same code with the same online file on my other computer is working. Any ideas ?

thanks
Dage

Any obvious differences between the two machines? Such as touch build, win7/win8, etc etc.

Yes, the one that wont work is a Macbook Pro 2011 bootcamp Windows 8.1 pro and the other one is a hackintosh with Windows 7 family premium. However they both have the build 24240

You mind posting link to image? I’ll try it on my win 7 and win 8 machines to see if I get same results as you.

Hi,
Sorry for the delay ! Actually, the image i’m loading don’t really matter. I tried with an image URL that I found on google image and it’s doesn’t work. If you want to test it you can use any image that you can find online.

thanks !

If you can post a specific link that is failing for you that’ll help us diagnose this.

So all images you try to load off google images into a Movie File In TOP dont work, but only on that one machine?

Well, all online images won’t work on my computer.

Here’s one link. This is a picture from Instagram
scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hpho … 1566_a.jpg

I’ve tried with other links from different server but every online images give me the same warning ( Failed to open file )

Two things that are possible is that the TEMP folder isn’t writable on that machine for some reason, or are you perhaps using a proxy server?

I’ve checked and my TEMP folder is writable and I do not use any Proxy…I also discover that copy / paste shortcut doesn’t work. Maybe there’s something wrong with this computer. Recently I’ve encounter some issues with other programs I’ll reinstall windows and post an update !

thanks

I’ve had the same problem.

Online images don’t load (Error: Failed to open the file.).
Example: google.com/images/srpr/logo11w.png
and as dage023 said, no online images work.

I’m on a PC with win7, tried multiple builds including latest (25040).
I’ve tried this on other machines with the same setup and it works on them.
My temp folder is writable and I’m not using any proxy server.

The interesting part is that I have two user accounts on my machine, one local and one domain account, and I only get the error on my domain account (This is the primary account I use). Though, other machines with domain accounts don’t get the error.

Another thing that I believe is related to the same problem, is that my external text editor dose not work properly. It’s setup with the environment variable and opens in the external editor on rightclick/edit. When it opens in the editor, it’s just empty. Doing edits and trying to save dose not work (It can’t find the file in …\Temp\touchtmp). When closing the external editor (not the file itself), all content from the DAT in Touch gets cleared. I’ve tried both Sublime Text and Notepad++.

This issue is only caused on the same setup as the moviefilein error.
So I guess it’s a Temp folder issue.

bump this issue is happening to me in 099. Anyone else?

EDIT:
Win 7 pro domain account
TD 099 2017.5540
and

I have a laptop Win 8.1 Pro machine that I do not use a domain account and there it works on TD 088 62380.

Why would a domain account vs non make a difference?

Can’t replicate this. Are you able to try this on a different machine? Is this OSX or Windows?

Cheers
Markus