audioAnalysis.tox

This does the typical analysis of 3 frequency bands of audio, setting on-off thresholds, applying smoothing, gain and offset. Also there are three longer-term analysis metrics that it outputs.

It’s the audio analysis network Mathew Ragan posted, with a UI put on it by Xavier Tremblay for the MUTEK 2016 workshop/performance, with some polishing by me.

It outputs all the above channels which you can use as-is. In addition, to map things on the fly, if you have the gal UI component (from the palette) loaded in /gal, the arrows in the audioAnalysis UI let you map the channels to any of the gal sliders - you just click the gal slider and click the arrow to assign. To un-map, click the slider and press Un-Map.

audioAnalysis.2.jpg
audioAnalysis.2.tox (114 KB)

2 Likes

Nice share greg!

audioAnalysis.2.tox is better - It exposes more thresholds in the UI. Now parameters drive knobs, and vice versa 2-way. Better layout.

audioAnalysis.2.tox replaces audioAnalysis.1.tox in the first post.

Hi, greg!

I want to customize your audioAnalysis tox to myself. But I can’t undrestand how you translate channels to containers page “Analysis data”. I see that you take channel “low” from null op “low_” to the “Low” parameter in the “Analtsis data” page. How I can take different chanel to new parameter on this page?

Each parameter on the Analysis Data page is disabled because they are used to display internal audio data that is computed every frame. But each of these custom parameters have an expression that fetches a value from a channel in the network.

To see the expression in the custom parameter, rclick on the audioAnalysis component, select Customize Component, go to the Analysis Data page and turn Enable back on. Now you can see the expression in the parameter, like op(‘./low_’)[0].

I can understand why you couldn’t figure this out. It took me a while too!

Today we were discussing a new mode for a parameter like “Display Only”, where you can’t change it in the UI, only through python, and it would look different than the disabled parameters.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Greg

Dear Greg,

Thank you very much! I enabled some channels in custom parameter but for some reason didn’t saw this. Thank you!
I think I missed this because I’m new in scripting and programming.

Are there any plans for beat detection within touchdesigner?