Alien slider ...

All your base are belong to us!
AlienSlider.tox (3.32 KB)
thanks to starship commander Felix for the increment/decrement wiring!

rod

Looks purty cool and … alien.

Comments: Not sure why you have a Ramp and the crop beside it… do it all in Ramp.

text would look smoother if the ramp4 was not an 8-bit integer pixel format, but was a 16-bit Float (Common page).

Not sure what all the Feedback and Trail CHOPs are doing?

To make it nicely cloneable, you may want to separate into a master component (has the textures prepared) and a cloneable slider component that Selects from it.

But ya, I feel like I’m beamed up.

I started out trying to make a continuous thumb-wheel thing like the old ones in Inventor (yep, I mean the Irix one). … then I got sidetracked. :slight_smile:

I’ll go back and tidy this up after studying felix’s purifications of the 666 slider (happy accident got me to the flaming text effect - I should make that a tox on its own I guess).

might not get to it for a week or two though - deadline’s a comin’

rod.

Please, I loved the Irix zoomer alien remake, may be a great approach for a highly precise slider, with the help also of the speed relative feature.

after deadlines offcourse

Hey felix and rod,

if you wanna reduce the cooking caused by the slope chop (or any always cooking CHOP), you can create a text DAT monitoring the panel, then
on lselect offtoon
opset -l off slope1
and on lselect ontooff
opset -l hard slope1

Hi Achim,

My first attempt to make a passive dial (avoiding the non functioning relative UV) was using your approach, but I wanted to avoid the fact that parking your mouse at the wrong corner may have a performance cost. Minimal I guess, but enough to keep your brain conscious of the free parking zones, a bit unrelaxed at the end. I then set the opset on when clicking on the slider, but this was adding some lag off course.
I was able to set Slope CHOP to work passively though, it wasn’t so obvious at first but it was possible.

I guess that the approach of the evil slider is is more reliable than the relative UV, specially if used in a dial slider. It has some minor lag and some extra cooking but a working relative UV will come soon I hope.

if you just add the select click to the counting trigger it will make it relative like. Anyway, I’ll post a passive knob dial that works fine, I’m tunning it for posting.