PsTools - remote starting and stopping TouchDesigner

Just thought I’d share a handy tool set called PsTools that can be used to control processes on another machine. A couple tools in particular are very useful:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys … 96649.aspx

PsExec:
Used to start processes
Example:

psexec \\MachineName -u username -p password -i -h -d -w "C:\MyWorkingDirectory" "C:\MyWorkingDirectory\start_touchdesigner_gpu0.bat"

-i is needed to start the GUI
-h runs the script with heightened privlidges
-d continues after starting the process so you can start several in a single script
-w sets the working directory which is handy when running .bat scripts that use local paths

PsKill
Used to kill processes
Example:
pskill \\MachineName touchdesigner088.exe

The installation process is pretty easy, just dump the files into a folder like C:\pstools and add the path to your PATH system environment variable. Then you can run it from CMD. It can be a bit tricky with authentication and these are the best resources for solving problems that I have found:

stackoverflow.com/questions/8284 … ied-errors
forum.sysinternals.com/faq-commo … 15920.html

Check out the other tools they have on their website too. There are some pretty cool ones like bginfo that can be helpful when controlling multiple servers: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals

Interested to hear if anyone else has a better method for controlling remote servers.

Have fun!