Trypta Fractal Teaser

Here is a quick animation of a 3d fractal (modified Buddhi formula) that we’ve recently ported into Touch, rendered with a DE Raytracing engine. Within in a couple of weeks we should have a component uploaded for others to use featuring Distance Estimation raytracing for fractals and other DE functions, 2d fractals including orbit traps and escape time functions, as well as flame fractals.

This animation ran at 30 fps (1280x720) in Touch and has no post processing (purely generated from 1 GLSL TOP)

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/49581177[/vimeo]

cheers
Keith

I realized in the above post that I didn’t thank all the people involved.

Huge thanks to Mikael (Syntopia) and for his generosity and help in porting the shaders into Touch.

Huge thanks to Malcolm (Derivative) for all the help and tips with GLSL and Touch Designer.

Huge thanks to Kali, Buddhi, Knighty and all the other incredible mathematicians/programmers out there that are writing these amazing fractal formulas and programs.

cheers
Keith

the music seems to fit the image really well, did you drive that from Touch somehow too?

rod.

hi Rod, well the sound was done by my brother Greg, sequenced in Reaper using a number of plugins to an initial simpler animation. Then I took the audio file and dropped it into Touch and re-did the animation to the sound. First time I really used the animation comp, I was quite stoked on its functionality.

keith

Really amazing Keith. Always great to see more GLSL examples, this one is beautiful!

That’s awesome! Love the look, cant wait to see the component as well.

this looks awesome!

cant wait to see the ins and outs :smiley: