Some projection and tracking experiments

some little experiments i have done with td and kinect:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxDls6_uZ9E
youtube.com/watch?v=uQi9ZwOTGf0

here an attempt to track a screen in realtime and do a projection on it…
Much latency problems :confused:

youtube.com/watch?v=RW14IUnUfmI

here you can jump to the 3d part:
youtube.com/watch?feature=p … UfmI#t=126

thx for this awesome tool! im in love with touchdesigner…

Very cool! Any idea what part of your pipeline is introducing the latency for the 3rd video? We’ll try to help you solve it.

oh i think there are a more than one latency problems (apart from my programming skills)…

I use infrared leds to track the the corners via blob tracking. For some reason blob tracking only works with 30fps camera input not with 60fps…
The beamer seems to have big latency also, i am looking for a better one…
In moment i use math and other CHOPs to calculate the things i need. Would python be faster?

Very clever. Are you using Filter CHOPs or Lag CHOPs to smooth your data?

Hi,

sorry was a few days in work and couldnt answer…

I use no Filter or Lag Chops to smooth data… Everything what could do more latency was cut…

The biggest problem (as told bevor) is that blobtracking isnt work with 60fps input. Is it due the OpenCV implementation? Or is it me?

Very nice! What is the kinect used for ?
Camera tracking ?
thanks!

the first two examples using the kinect for headtracking and for some interaction things (not shown in video)…

the tracking in the third video works without kinect…

Awesome!
aren’t you sharing any technical stuff? :smiley:

thx for that…

in moment there iss not much to share… the first 2 examples using CamSchnappr, the third iss mostley blobtracking in combanition with the IR LEDs. Someday then i build better networks, i will share some stuff. but if you have a technical question or something, feel free to ask!