Timer CHOP next segment channel

It would be great if the Timer CHOP could have a channel which was not the current segment but rather the next segment to be played once the current one has finished.

If the current segment is set to cycle then the channel value would be the current segment id.
if the current segment is the last segment then depending on the timers looping condition the value would be either -1 for end of timer or 0 for the first segment id.
If the current segment is set to go to the next segment automatically then it would be the next segments id

In essence, you’re asking for a channel that indicates if, at the end of a cycle, whether it will continue to the next segment or not.

You request “a channel which was not the current segment but rather the next segment to be played once the current one has finished”, but by definition, the current segment is not finished until it’s done all its cycles, so it’s always segment+1. But I get what you’re asking for.

I’m a bit hesitant to add the new channel at this stage until the CHOP is used a bit more in the field as there are a lot of possible new informational channels that could be added and I’d need to evaluate which were most needed and I’m careful about overloading the CHOP.

In the meantime, I suppose you derived what you need from existing information for your case:

next_segment = current_segment + (max_cycles_parameter <= (current_cycle+1)) if cycle_parameter else 1

This logic can be done in the callbacks or in channel expressions external to the CHOP. The design of the callbacks was intended to facilitate all the permutations.

Anyway, note taken for your request of the new channel. (You must have some downstream logic anyway if your channel is -1 when timer is on its last segment.)

Yeah that’s how I’m dealing with it right now…there are another couple of complications in there where the timer will set itself to done automatically so I have to trigger right before it happens but I’ll overwrite that.

The reason I ask for that channel is that if I have a next cue coming up and I want to display to the user what that is it’s a complete pain.