Projector COMP

Hello,

It would be nice to have something like a Projector COMP with which we could simulate a projection onto a surface like a 3D Model or any SOP. There would be projector parameters like lens focal, lens shift, luminosity in Lumens… we could have an option to simulate lux in projected surface with a color gradient etc. Alse we could use the projector point of view and send it to a physical output.

Thanks a lot for all the graat work !

You can always use a light as a projector - I think this might be pretty close to what you’re actually describing.

hello,

yes this is how i deal with it right now but it lacks some basic features like :

• resolution
  • throw ratio
  • lens shift
  • show light cone

which are necessary for an accurate simulation.

Have you seen mappingmatter.com/

Might be useful in the meantime if you’re looking for accurate projection simulation.

yep !
I actually used it once and it has really interesting features. This is really a mapping dedicated tool and while i could find it useful on some projects it is quite oversized most of the time.

Using a basic tool in TD would be sufficient to validate the height of the projector and elements position and size between projectors and the surface

Hey Gallo,

I’ve released the following tool for projector previz:
[url]https://chopchopchop.org/assets/lights/previz[/url]

Hello,
I working on a .tox specifically including shift in projector with the help of Projection Matrix.
It works but I have to streamline it and I will publish it in chopchopchop. I hope to do it for the end of January.
Jacques

hi all !

So Jacques you are a bit late :wink:

Thanks a lot for all the efforts and i am eager to see your works and see how you dealt with it

cheers

If anyone adds shift into mine let me know and I’ll update it :laughing:

Hey guys!

Is there any updates on this? And Ennui, is there any reason why your tool is not on chopchopchop anymore ?

Thanks !

I just republished it on chopchopchop - apparently it was in the waiting queue

Thanks !