RFE: widening of cloning

Hi all! I’m just beginning to learn the TD. I’ve found very useful the ability to access the OP name and parent’s name from Python expressions. It gives ability to create amounts of similar objects without need to connect each instance to, for example, table cell that contains some parameter. For example, if I have 2D matrix of similar Geometry components, I can name them like ‘geo_1_1’, ‘geo_1_2’, and then take the row and column number from the Geo name (using Python split() method), and use this information for positioning the Geo and getting some parameters from the DAT tables. So, I can just make amount of clones, give them right names and have working layout without need to link each parameter of each Translate OP to corresponding table cell, which can take hours and hours for big setups.

So, the RFE: it will be very cool, if cloning will be able for all simple OPs, not only components. Adding “Clone” field (and cloning mechanics) to each OP will make much easier programming of setups with big amount of similar parts, because we can use full power of Python to handle instance name and other things for parameters indexing, instead of linking each digit to their destination by hand.

You can accomplish similar things with export tables (see [url]http://www.derivative.ca/wiki088/index.php?title=DAT_Export[/url]), and/or the Replicator COMP.