support for wyphon...

i don’t know no application that let to communicate f one software to others like syphon… (suggestion?)

so looking for on web i’ve found this…

wyphon.wordpress.com/

is not ready yet, but sounds like a syphon for windows… a TD support could be usefull for everyone…

We already support sharing textures between applications using the DirectX In and Out TOPs. Wyphon is a wrapper above these to make naming and fetching the textures a little simpler, but the underlying tech is the same. People have already used these nodes to share between applications that support sharing DirectX textures across apps.

oh perfect… i don’t have this 2 nodes because i’m a free user yet and i haven’t found it in my version. thanks :smiley:

oh perfect… i don’t have this 2 nodes because i’m a free user yet and i haven’t found it in my version. thanks :smiley:

I dont think its a paid only feature. Are you using the latest 088? Have you clicked the ‘All’ button on the OP create dialog?

EDIT: I’m incorrect, it’s a Commercial feature.

yes malcom i suppose that directx feature is only for licensed users.

Now i use better td and there’s no directx node.

thanks anyway :slight_smile:

hi there

just as an info… there is some movement to see on the wyphon-side. as a non coder im aware that we have allready and direct-x-top… but hey, im a pictureman… :wink:
see youtube.com/watch?v=aFLeTWJK0ho for an integration into unity…
how cool will it be to get rendermaps from unity streamed into touch!!!
so, lets hope to get as soon as possible hands on!
best
luca

Seems like someone has put another offering out there for wyphon style functionality:

spout.zeal.co/

Yep, that’s my Dad’s handy work. You can currently get textures into the 32bit version of TD using SpoutCam (receiving from max, processing, resolume, vizzable, openframeworks or cinder). We’re hoping to extend it’s functionality with touch as well.

spoutcam looks great - any plans for a version which works with 64-bit touchdesigner?

Spout Cam is a directshow filter and is therefore limited to 32bit applications but as far as Spout goes the ideal scenario would be to have Spout in and Spout out tops. Still early days.