very serious bug: timeslice deletes channels!

I have a delete chop with 16 channels, not time sliced. After that I have a timeslice, and the timeslice outputs 15 channels!!!

so one of my channels, say tosswreath, is followed by another: happyemo. When I press the joystick that turns tosswreath to 1, if I middle click on the delete chop I have 16 chans, and on the timeslice I have 15, and now my happyemo is set to 1 instead of the tosswreath

I’ve tried moving the timeslice up the chain, after a merge chop that has 20 chans, I plopped down a new timeslice, and now the timeslice had 19 channels, and channels that were set to 1 in the merge were now set to .5!!!

Admittedly, at the source channels change name and quantity. This is basically the stream of my joystick chans, mapped to actions depending on modifier buttons I press.

Derivafolks:
I’ve checked in the revision “timeslice deletes channels”, check out /project1/HILDA/ACTOR_HILDA/LOGIC/MAP_JOYSTICK the timeslice after delete2 (as I’ve been testing I got rid of it and can’t remember the exact name).

Hey, do I use the Record.bat to run the show in this case?

Also how exactly do I reproduce the case? On startup I get 4 channels in both the delete and timeslice CHOP. What do I need to do to make it happen?
I really want to fix this bug, I just need to be able to reproduce it.

Hey,
I was able to reproduce the issue in one case. The problem is that there are 2 channels that have the same name, and I guess the Timeslice CHOP logic ends up trimming out one of the channels.
It shouldn’t be possible to have two channels of the same name, but a bug in the Select CHOP allows this. So I’ll fix that bug first and hopefully that will fix the issue.
I’m not sure if this explains the other case you mention where the channel values change, but maybe it does. (The timeslice CHOP assumes no channels will be the same, so whatever it’s doing is kind of undefined)

Is the bug you’re talking about the one when using multi-selecting in the select CHOP? If so, will the fix result in fullpaths being prepended when multi-selecting?

Dani, sorry for the quick hijack of your topic

In this particular case multiselect is the not the problem.
But I’ll likely fix quite a few things while I’m in this code so hopefully that one will get fixed to. It’s been on my list, just havn’t gotten around to it yet.

I think it is having two chans by the same name.

Even though I’ve tried to avoid it (as I saw this way back when that it was creating problems later on) I guess I’ll have to check again :slight_smile:

thanks!
dani